Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #3


This week's topic is top ten books I had very strong emotions about.

Firstly this is so hard to pick just 10 books. The majority of the books I've read, I bought after doing research into them and reading reviews, so I knew I would like them beforehand.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
Infact all of the Harry Potter books made me fell something, but this one in particular because it was the last book in a series which I grew up reading.

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
2. Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
This was the book that got me hooked on YA Paranormal Romance, and also on Richelle Mead's writing.
I loved the story and the characters in this book. The entire series kept me on the edge of my toes constantly!

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)
3. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Such and awesome book and trilogy.
This book took me through so many different emotions, sadness, anger, relief, shock, amusement and happiness. All I can say is if you haven't read this series, get on it now!

Matched
4. Matched -  Ally Condie
This book made me fall in love with dystopian. Again it made me feel so many different things, almost every chapter had a different feel to it and a different part of the story to tell.

The Declaration (The Declaration Series, #1)
5. The Declaration - Gemma Malley
This was the first proper dystopian I ever read, and at the time I didn't even know what dystopian was!
This is a brilliant book, and a brilliant trilogy! I don't think it gets enough recognition. To me it felt more real as it is based in the UK rather than the US as with most YA fiction these days. 

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
6. City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
Love Love Love this series so much!
To me this series just screams excitement and anticipation. Readers are left guessing at the end of almost every chapter, which continues on with the rest of the series as well!

Before I Die
7. Before I Die - Jenny Downham
I'm not usually a big fan of contemporary fiction although I do have a few on my shelf - it's not my go to genre when I'm looking for something to read. Before I die really changed my opinion on YA contemporary. Such a moving and beautiful story.

Every Last Kiss (The Bloodstone Saga, #1)
8. Every Last Kiss - Courtney Cole
It's unusual to see indie books on these lists usually. However I loved this book and the rest of the series as well. Each book kept me gripped into the story from page one and they all had a different way of reaching out to me and making me feel regretful and hurt for our main character for all the bad things she has to endure.

9. Wasted - Marya Hornbacher
This is one book thats been on my shelves for around ten years. It's my go to book when I'm feeling down or depressed. I haven't had to pull it out in a while though. My copy is completely falling apart from all the times I've re-read it. Although it is a great read, it's really not for the faint-hearted.

Dirty Blonde: The Diaries of Courtney Love
10. Dirty Blonde: The Diaries of Courtney Love 
I always have and will be a massive fan of Courtney Love. I was lucky enough to see Hole play live last year and the night was amazing, spectacular and magical. I never thought I would ever see Courtney sing live as I was much too young when the original Hole where together, it wasn't till my teenage years long after Kurt Cobain passed that I fell in love with Courtney and her band.
This book filled in all those little gaps of information I never knew about.

4 comments:

  1. Oh interesting set of books. Need to check out a few of them and really need to hurry and read matched lol. So behind lol.

    My TTT: http://totallybookalicious.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-ten-books-i-had-strong-emotions.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good list, and some books that I've never read/heard of before. I'll have to check some of them out!

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I Die is brilliant, right? That was probably my strongest reaction to a book ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great books on your list. Harry Potter made my list as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs