Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review: Spellbound (Spellbound #1) - Cara Lynn Shultz

Spellbound (Spellbound, #1)Name: Spellbound (Spellbound #1)
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
Release Date: 21st June 2011
Date I finished it: 14th March 2012
Source: ARC from Netgalley
Rating:
 









I have had Spellbound on my Kindle for ages now but never quite got around to reading it. As part of my Review Catch Up Challenge I decided to go ahead and read this one! I could kick myself for not picking it up sooner, much sooner! I was hooked on this book from page one, I mean come on the main character is also an Emma!

Spellbound follows sixteen year old Emma as she moves in with her aunt in New York and attends a posh prep school with her cousin. While there she encounters the usual mean girls and befriends the freaky witch girl, Emma also feels a strange pull towards heart throb Brendan that she can't quite explain.
When some really strange things start happening to her, Emma confides in her new witch friend and attempts to do some research of her own, although she learns more that she bargained for about herself.

I really loved this book, It would have been a 5 star rating except I was really confused about where she was actually living until the very end of the book. Throughout the story the reader keeps getting told she was at her aunt's house, but then she would go over to her cousin's house to visit her? Maybe I missed it somewhere but right up until the end of the book I thought they should all be under the one roof. Until I realised at the end there are 2 aunts, one she is living with, and one who has a daughter, her cousin who lives nearby.

Honestly I went through the entire book so confused about this! It probably was explained somewhere but I just didn't get it. Thats the only reason this book didn't get a 5 star rating from me.

I loved the descriptive language used throughout Spellbound especially when it came to Emma's dreams. I don't want to give too much away but I loved seeing her past lives unfold in her dreams.
As for Brendan, I think we have a new book hottie to crush on!
I loved his character and personality, it fell in so well with the feel of the book! Personally I can't wait to find out how Brendan and Emma's relationship is going to unfold!

Loved this book, and really wish I read it sooner!
I'm glad I have an ARC of the second book, Spellcaster to get started on right away.



3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this! I won a paperback of this book in a contest months ago- I really need to pick it up and read it.
    Past lives?! I didn't know it was about past lives! I'm reading this one soon! And now at least I know about the two aunts.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cover of this one. I have heard some negative things about this book, but you confinced me to give this one a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. Need to get around to.reading the arc of book2 soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs