Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardians #4) - Rachel Hawthorne



Name: Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardians #4)

Author: Rachel Hawthorne

General Release Date: 23rd March 2010

Date I finished it: 19th September 2011

Type: E-Book

My Rating: 3/5 stars







This is the fourth and last book in the Dark Guardians series by Rachel Hawthorne.
To me this was more like a companion book rather than part of the original story.

This book focuses on Hayden who we haven't met in any of the previous books, Hayden has a unique ability, she can feel other shifter's emotions. Because of that she has spent most of her time away from the pack in the human world, but as the time comes for her first shift she has been called back in order to find a mate to go through her transformation with her.

Hayden can't take it anymore and runs away, determined to face her first shift on her own rather than face all those emotions hurling at her. After creating a new life for herself and feeling like she finally belongs somewhere, out of the blue Daniel shows up to take her back to the pack.

I did enjoy this book, and it was nice seeing the old characters from the first three books, but to me it wasn't as great a story line as the rest of the series. The plot was a bit predictable, I didn't like Hayden as a main character at all. I don't think she had the depth needed for a main character and most of the time she just annoyed me.

This book was a bit of a let down to be honest, the writing in this one wasn't as great as the previous three. It seemed as though it was a bit rushed. I did like the concept of the different types of shifters though, that is what kept me reading on I think.

Overall, an okay book with some good and bad qualities to it.
I did enjoy the ending and thought it brought the series to a close nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs