Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: Surrender (Haunting Emma #3) - Lee Nichols

Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)




Name: Surrender (Haunting Emma #3)
Author: Lee Nichols
Release Date: 6th Dec 2011 (US)
Date I finished it: 26th May 2012
Source: Review Copy from UK Publishers
Rating:





It's been a while since I read the first two books in the Haunting Emma series but when Bloomsbury UK offered me a review copy of Surrender I jumped at the chance! It took me a couple of chapters to get back into the plot and remember who everyone was, but it soon all came flooding back to me!

This is the last book in the series. I put off starting it for a while, because I hate when a book series ends, it's like moving to a new city and leaving friends behind.

This time around Emma and her fellow ghost-keepers are still trying to come to terms with everything that happened battling Neos at headquarters and figuring out what their next move should be.
I don't want to give too much of the plot away, as it is the last book in the trilogy. Let's just say Emma is more determined that ever to get rid of Neos once and for all!

The plot of full of action and suspense, which will keep you on your toes throughout the entire book. To me it was a bit more fast paced than the first two books, which is the only reason it got 4 stars instead of 5 from me. I would have liked to seen a bit more of some of the characters I've grown to know and love throughout this series before having to say goodbye to them.

Surrender is the perfect ending to a brilliant series, full of ups and downs and moments that will make you laugh out loud. It has the perfect mix of everything a good finale book needs!
The ending was brilliant, well thought out and put together. Even though I'm sad to see these characters go, I really don't think it could have ended any differently.

Lee Nichols did a brilliant job on the entire three books, I'm looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs