Sunday, September 18, 2011

Review: Dark of the Moon (Dark Guardians #3) - Rachel Hawthorne




Name: Dark of the Moon (Dark Guardians #3)

Author: Rachel Hawthorne

General Release Date: 25th August 2009

Date I finished it: 14th September 2011

Type: E-Book

My Rating: 4/5 stars








This is the third book in the Dark Guardians series and this time around the story is told from Brittany's view point.

After Brittany running off without a mate for her first transformation in book two I was so anxious to find out if she survived the transformation or not!
Brittany is back after her full moon and all her friends and other shifters are so excited for her, she is the first girl to go through the transformation alone and survive for as long as anyone can remember.
Younger girls are starting to look up to Brittany and realising they now have the option of not choosing a mate, and going through their own transformations by themselves.
But Brittany is hiding a massive secret, she didn't transform. She didn't even feel a little tingle, nothing.
How can she tell anyone that she doesn't belong in this world she was brought up in?

Alongside all the shifting drama Bio-Chrome is back and this time they are bigger and meaner than before.
Mason is determined to create a serum which will give humans the ability to change, and when Brittany and Connor are kidnapped, Brittany is forced to tell Connor the truth, she is human and not a shifter.

I loved this book so much, I think it was my favourite out of the whole series so far!
I loved the romance between Brittany and Connor, especially when they had been kidnapped by Bio-Chrome and locked in the cage. I loved all the tension that had built up between the couple between the events in book two and this one.

Of course we see glimpses of our our favourite shifter girls, Lindsey and Kayla from books one and two.
Now that most of the group have gone through their first transformation it's great to read about them all in wolf form.

This book had a lot more funny moments in it that the previous two, although it is a lot darker and has more story to it that the previous two there are a few moments in there to lighten the mood.
The ending of this book was amazing, for me it tied up all the loose ends and I really don't know what else there is to write about. There is a fourth book in this series but I don't know where that is going to go. For me the story was wrapped up with this book, so I'm excited to see what the next book will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs