Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review: Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals #2) - J.L. Bryan



Name: Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals #2)

Author: J.L. Bryan

General Release Date: 9th April 2011

Date I finished it: 26th October 2011

Type: E-Book

From: Review Copy

My Rating: 4/5 stars





Tommy Nightmare is the second book in the Paranormals series by J.L. Bryan, the book picks up right where we left Jenny and Seth after the unbelievable ending of Jenny Pox.

This time around we are also introduced to a couple of new characters, Tommy. His touch conjures fear in the other person's mind and Esmeralda who can talk with the dead.
We see these two characters first meet as young children, now years later after seeing Ashleigh on tv Tommy feels an unexplainable urge to find her. After discovering Ashleigh's remains he remembers the girl who can contact the dead and tried to track her down in order to talk to Ashleigh.

In the mean time there is also a massive Homeland Security investigation happening in Fallen Oaks, no one can seem to explain the tragic events that happened at the end of Jenny Pox.

I don't want to give too much of the plot away, even though we have some new characters Seth and Jenny are still in this book as well. The point of view switched between the characters throughout the book. In this case I really enjoyed seeing the world and what was going through everyone's eyes. It made all the characters that bit more real to me.

The story itself is brilliant, I didn't think that Jenny Pox could be topped but Tommy Nightmare is just as good, if not better than Jenny Pox. The book flowed wonderfully from the first one, almost as if the two books were one. Usually with sequels there a time gap between books, or a massive recap. Not this time around the story picked up right away after that one night that changed everything in Fallen Oak.

There was a few unexpected twists in this book that I didn't see coming, especially towards the end.
This was another book that I pretty much read in one day, purely because I couldn't put it down. I got so wrapped up in the story, the next thing I knew the book was finished and it was 3am! This is one of these books that you can completely get swept away in, and I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs