Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review: We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) - Jenny Han


We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)

Name: We'll Always Have Summer
Author: Jenny Han
Release Date: 3rd May 2012
Date I finished it: 22th May 2012
Source: Paperback for review
Rating:








So this is the third and final book in the Summer series by Jenny Han.
After being a bit unsure about the series at the beginning, I have to say now I've finished all three I'm really glad I read them.

This book is set 2 years from the goings on that happened in It's Not Summer Without You. Belly has finished her freshman year in college and is dating Jeremiah. 
Ugh what can I say really, I was rooting for Conrad from the beginning, so I really didn't like reading about Belly and Jeremiah's relationship at all.
It was cute, but in my mind it's not who she is meant to end up with, so it frustrated me a little reading this book. 

Like the last book this one has alternative view points, this time including Conrad. Reading Conrad's thoughts just made me fall for him even more! I wish this boy was real and was a few years older.
Everything he's ever done was for Belly, for her happiness and only now is he realising this his happiness matter as well. How long should he wait to tell Belly the truth about how he feels, and should he ruin his own brother's wedding just to get the girl?

From about halfway through this book, I completely fell in love.
I mean I enjoyed the last two books, but there was something about this one that just gripped me in a way the previous two didn't. I can't really place my finger on what exactly it was. Maybe it was because they were all older in this one and I felt I could relate more to them. Maybe it was all the wedding drama and disasters, or maybe just the excitement and Belly finally making a decision and choosing between the Fisher brothers.

I was happy about the ending to this series, it left me feeling like the story had some closure. Which a lot of YA books don't seem to have.

This is really a great series, full of ups and downs that will leave you questioning what Belly and her boys will get up to next! A great summer read for fans of YA Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs