Thursday, March 10, 2011

Review: Kisses From Hell - Kristin Cast & Others



3/5

I have previously read Prom Nights from Hell and Love is Hell, and when I saw this recent addition in my library, I had to pick it up!

It is a collection of short stories from popular YA authors, Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy), Kristin Cast (House of Night), Alyson Noel (The Immortals), Kelley Armstrong (The Summoning) and Francesca Lia Block (Pretty Dead)

To be honest, with authors like that, I thought the book was going to be great! I liked the previous From Hell books that I had read, and thought this was going to be even better.
I was very wrong!

The only story in this book that I really loved was the Sunshine by Richelle Mead, and that was only because it was sort of a prequel to the Vampire Academy series, telling the story of how Lissa's parents first met and fell in love, and also where the name Vasilisa came from.

If I was going to recommend this book, it would be solely just for that story, and thats the only reason this book got 3 stars. The other stories where just strange and left me feeling like they weren't quite finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs