Thursday, February 16, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) - Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)


Name: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2)
Author: Aimee Carter
Release Date: 27th March 2012
Date I finished it: 24th Jan 2012
From: Netgalley
Rating: 5/5 Stars










I was so excited when I saw this book up for grabs on Netgalley, I loved The Goddess Test and have been waiting a year to find out the rest of the story!

Goddess Interrupted picks up a short while after The Goddess Test finished, Kate has spent her first summer away from the mansion in Greece with James. And is looking forward to coming home and spending the rest of autumn and winter with Henry. On her arrival though Henry seems strange and distant, Kate tries everything in her power to try to lighten his mood and rekindle the romance between them, but nothing seems to help.
She soon finds out what is one of the causes of Henry's mood, the gods and goddesses are in the middle of a war against the King of the Titans.

It did take me a while to get into this book and get to grips with Aimee Carter's writing style, which is probably more down to me and how long it had been since reading The Goddess Test rather than bad writing. After the first few chapters though everything for The Goddess Test came flooding back and I sailed through the rest of the book.

There are a lot of ups and downs in this book, and a lot of moments where I really disliked the main character, Kate. I thought with her now being immortal and marrying Henry she would grow up a bit and mature. In some ways she has matured leaps and bounds in this book, but in others she still kind of annoys me and acts like a spoilt little brat. I guess I need to remind myself that she is only 18 years old.

I really liked the change of location to the underworld in the book, as much as I loved hearing about the mansion in the first book, it's good to have a new setting to keep things fresh.
The writing in this book is very descriptive and flows well, keeping you caught up in the world and the characters Aimee Carter has created.

Finally we finally get to meet Persephone for the first time! I actually really liked her character in the book, I thought she was head strong, kind and attentive. A massive change to how she was portrayed in the first book. She does have quite a big part in this book, which I'm glad about. I felt like I got to know her side of her history with Henry, having only heard other opinions in the past book.

Again, we are left on a cliff-hanger ending! Don't you hate when that happens?
So now I'll be waiting for another year to find out what is going to happen to Kate and Henry.

Overall, I really did love it!
If you liked The Goddess Test then you really have to pick this one up as well!






6 comments:

  1. Aghh...I'm not a fan of cliffhanger endings. I always devour the book and then have to wait another year until the next one comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuuugh no! I'm currently reading this book and I'm on page 120, i really don't like how there was barely any Kate + Henry moments but I like the plot behind this book so far!

    great review :D

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review - I haven't actually read the first yet, but now I think I may have to :P

    New follower from Blogaholic :)
    Can't wait to read more!

    Claire
    clairelouisereads.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it.

    You've been Blog Tagged! http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/02/blogger-tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got this on my TBR pile. I have tagged you in the book tag I hope you will take part!

    http://musing-of-a-bookworm.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-book-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it except when Kate kept getting mad at Henry when she should of looked at the whole picture before getting mad at him and yelling at him for not loving her.
    Penguin LHI One Way Links website

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs