Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogger Interview: Siobhán


The Basics

Name: Siobhán

Age: 24

Location: Scotland, UK

Blog(s) Name: Love Fantasy Sci-Fi Novels
Thoughts of a Mad Hatter!

Blog(s) URL(s): http://lovefantasyscifinovels.blogspot.com/
http://thoughtsofamadhatter.blogspot.com/

Wow, we are the same age and from the same city! Not often that happens online!

How long have you been book blogging for: I started up my blog in October 2010. However, my first post wasn't until November 2010.

What types of books to you blog about: I have two blogs. My Love Fantasy Blog is for all my fantasy and sci-fi reviews and my Mad Hatter is for mainly YA fiction with some adult for time to time.

The Main Questions

What made you start a book blog?
I decided to start blogging after running my facebook page. Love Fantasy Novels. I wanted to have a fun blog to host my reviews on and if people wanted to join and follow me they could. But I started blogging for myself as a way to keep track of my books and reviews.

How did you come up with the name for the blog(s)?
My first blog was very simple. I love reading Fantasy novels and I had just started to love Sci-Fi novels. So why not just put it all together lol. Thoughts of a Mad Hatter! came about from a contest I ran. I wanted a new blog and couldn't decide on a name so I ran a small contest and people suggested a name and I picked Thoughts of a Mad Hatter out the entries.

What does being a book blogger mean to you?
Being a book blogger means alot to me. I love sharing my thoughts on books with other and its a fun past time even though its a lot of hard work.

How does book blogging fit in with in with the other parts of your life?
Well, I'm a stay at home mum so other than the nursery run and house work blogging fits just perfectly in my life at the moment. It will all change when my son starts school in August as I will hopefully starting back at work. So as of right now I try getting online for a few hours in the morning and at night when my son goes to bed. The inbetween is me cleaning and reading.

What author would you love to host an Author Interview with?
I don't think I could choice just one. I have four authors I would give an arm and a leg to interview. J.K Rowling, having grown up on Harry Potter they are my favourite books ever. So I would love to interview her. Anne Rice, who started my obsession with Vampires when I was 11 and I got the Vampire Chronicles from the Library. I just love Anne Rice. Stephenie Meyer, yes I am a twilight Freak! And I am proud. I was never a reader growing they only books I really enjoyed reading where the book mention above. I read the Twilight Saga back in 2009 and haven't stop since. And Last but not Least SImone Elkeles. She is the reason why I am now addicted YA Fiction/Contemporary. After reading her Perfect Chemistry novel I decided to branch out into more genres.

All About You

What do you enjoy doing in your free time (and you can’t say reading or blogging!)? Watching DVDs. My 2nd addiction (1st being books) is DVD boxsets. I love going to bed and chilling with my dvds once my son is sleeping. I also love listening (and trying to sing) music. I listen to almost anything. I used to love drawing but I haven't did it for a while. However, I don't really get much free time so usually I am goofing around acting silly with my 4 year old son lol.

Name your three favourite book genres?
Oh thats so hard. Only 3? mmmmmmm.........I change my mind all the time. Right now though my favourite genres are Paranormal, YA Contemporary and YA Dystopia. I have always been interested in the Paranormal its just a great ecapisism. YA Contemporary and YA Dystopia are two quite recent genres to me and I am really enjoying the books I have read in these genres.

Are there any book genres that you refuse to read?
Erotica. I really don't like it all at. Don't get me wrong I like a hot steamy novel as much as the next woman but I don't like it on every single page. It really puts me off.

What upcoming book releases are you most looking forward to any why?
Oh god. You serious? Do you have a year free to let me ramble on about the books I am looking forward to ? Ok let me try and narrow it down to a few lol. Well first I am super excited to Bite Club and Last Breath by Rachel Caine. Books 10 and 11 in the Morganville Vampires Series. I just love this series. Its hot, fun and super wicked. Rachel Caine is a wonderful author can't wait for these books. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. I really liked the first two books in the trilogy and looking forward to the last book. em... Oh The Hidden by Jessica Verday. Books 1 and 2 in The Hollow Trilogy where in my favourites reads of 2010 so I really can't wait for that. I really could go on and on and on but I won't Lol.

What are you reading at the moment?
Last night I start Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway. I got it from the library having heard so much good things about it. I am really enjoying it so far. And as of 5 minutes ago (post man has just been) I am going to start A bloody London Sunset by Jaz Primo as soon as I get off the computer. **Does Happy Dance**

This or That

Paperback or Hardback: Paperback

Bookmark or Dog Ear a page: Bookmark

Tea or Coffee: Tea

Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate

Summer or Winter: Winter

Pink or Purple: Pink

Thanks for stopping by the blog for an interview Siobhán!

Heres the links to Siobhán's blogs, go and have a look around:

Love Fantasy novels
Thoughts of a Mad Hatter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs