Friday, April 1, 2011

Review: Low Red Moon - Ivy Devlin



3/5

This was a pretty short and fast paced book, and I never really started to enjoy it until about 3/4's of the way through it.

When you pick it up right away you think werewolf book, but it actually isn't. Yes there are werewolves involved in the plot, but not as a main character. It is in fact a bit of a murder mystery book.

I did enjoy this, as at first I thought it was going to be a typical YA wolf book, so right away I was pleasantly surprised. For me, the story line wasn't all the great and it was difficult to keep reading it, which I think was mostly due to the font used within the book, and the fact that every time the word 'moon' is used it's printed in red ink. That annoyed me, yes it may look pretty, but it makes the book difficult and annoying to read.

I started to really get into the book with about 70 pages to go, and couldn't put it down. Disappointing ending, which you can see coming from a mile off to be honest. Maybe I am too old for this book, as I think it would suit a much younger audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs