Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare



5/5

First off let me say I am a total Clary/Jace, Simon/Isabelle, Magnus/Alec fan, so of course the book captured me right away!

I did enjoy all the smaller story lines about the less major characters (to me that means anyone who isn't Jace or Clary) I am a bit annoyed however that there wasn't much of Magnus in this book, as I really love him!

Anyway, not much actually happens throughout the book, there was one point when I had 4 chapters left to go and thought to myself, nothing has actually really happened yet! Of course as soon as I thought that, something happened! After finishing the book and looking back there were clues everywhere in the book that something big was coming up!

I thought what more could Cassandra actually write about? Clary and Jace are finally together the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders are on the most part getting along with each other....how wrong I was! Although the majority of this book seemed like filler material to me but I liked that though, I liked seeing more of the characters and what their general everyday lives are like when there isn't some big evil brewing, or Valentine around the corner.

The ending did not really surprise or shock me, although I am a bit annoyed that we are left with a cliffhanger ending and have to wait a while for the next instalment to be released!


1 comment:

  1. I'm beginning to find Jace's constant wailing on himself incredibly annoying! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs