Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Thorn Queen (Dark Swan #2) - Richelle Mead



5/5

This is the second book in the Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead.
I picked this up and started reading it straight after finishing Storm Born so the story was still fresh in my mind.

The book starts off right where we left Eugeine Markham in Storm Born, confused and still trying to balance her time between to worlds, two sets of friends and maybe even two lovers - if she wanted! Of course her mother and step-father know nothing about her being names a queen in the otherworld, and she would love to keep it that way!

Eugeine is struggling with her new-found identity as the Thorn Queen, also trying to come to grips with the fact she has a new found little sister, who is out there somewhere trying to get pregnant. And as if that wasn't enough to deal with her boyfriend is having a baby with another woman! Gosh could life get any more difficult or complicated for Eugeine? Of course it can! Richelle Mead weaves all these complicated details together and makes the reader genuinely feel concerned about a fictional character, and also makes a make unbelievable book world come to life in your head!

I found this book a bit more darker than Storm Born, both in the writing style and the sex scenes - I'm not complaining though! I thoroughly loved this book! I especially loved watching Eugeine grow into her new powers and start to fall in love (if only just a little) with the dark side and temptation.

I have ordered the third book in this series, Iron Crowned from the library and should hopefully get my hands on it next week! I am so excited to see what is going to happen next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs