Friday, April 1, 2011

Review: Gathering Blue (The Giver #2) - Lois Lowry



3/5

This is a companion book the The Giver, also by Lowis Lowry.

I was a bit annoyed at first because I thought this book would at least mention the characters from The Giver, but no it is set in a totally different world.

Although after a while I started to really enjoy the book, it is similar in a way to The Giver, Kira is an orphan girl with a bad leg and she needs a stick to help her walk. In her village, she should have been left to die at birth because of her leg, but her mother convinced the village to let her live and that she would be useful. Now her mothers dead and the women of the village are ganging up against her, they want the land her mothers home was built on.

I don't want to give too much away, but I really loved the ending of this book, and highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs