Sunday, January 1, 2012

Review: Beautifully Broken (Spellbound #1) - Sherry Soule

Beautifully Broken (Spellbound #1)

3/5 Stars

Beautifully Broken is one of those books that drew me in because of the cover. I'd been oohing and ahhing over it for a while on Amazon, and finally just decided to go ahead and buy it.

The story follows sixteen year old Shiloh Ravenwolf, who when we first meet her is trying to fight off a ghost in her bedroom. As the story goes on we discover that Shiloh is a heritage witch, meaning magic runs in her veins.

As well as trying to life what passes as a normal teenage life, Shiloh is constantly seeing ghosts and demons everywhere she goes. With a recent rash of teenage disappearances in the small town, Shiloh puts two and two together and realises that this new ghost must be responsible and decides to investigate.

And to top it all off Shiloh is dating the new hottie Trent who has just moved to town, whose mysterious uncle spots something about Shiloh and takes her under his wing as a paranormal apprentice.

Overall I did really enjoy this book. There was a few small grammatical and spelling errors here and there in the book which did annoy me at the time. Beautifully Broken is a self published book, and I've come t expect small things like that from them now and again.
The character of Shiloh to me was a bit strange, at times I likes her and other I didn't. I though she was just whiny sixteen year old. I don't think the writing of Shiloh was constiant enough to make a reader fall into her worls.

I did however really like the setting of the book and the tone in which it was conveyed. Trent was a great character in the book and I especially liked the tension between Shiloh and her family, which seems like any real teenager's life.

This is a series which I will be continuing on with in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Great review ! I haven't heard of this series before. Glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the outrageously awesome review. I hope your followers appreciated the post and are interested in reading my debut novel, Beautifully Broken. :- )

    ~Sherry

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs