Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review: Forever Frost (Frost #2) - Kailin Gow

Forever Frost (Frost, #2)

4/5 Stars

This is the second book in the Frost series, I read the first book Bitter Frost way back at the start of last year.
Having since bought the rest of the series on my Kindle, I decided it was time to get back into them!

Forever Frost starts right where Bitter Frost ended, with a quick recap over the events that happened, thank goodness! I don't think I would have remembered all the goings on in Bitter Frost, it had been so long since I read it.
Breena is stuck trying to figure out what to do to solve the conflict between the Winter and Summer courts and how to get both court's hostages back home safe and sound without starting another war!

In this book we see more individual sides to each of the characters, and as a reader get to know them a bit better and learn about their history.
I really loved finding out more about Breena's mum and just how she managed to get herself wrapped up in this crazy fey world. Shasta is a brilliant, strong female character, she brings just what the story needs at just the right time!

The writing in this book is pretty straightforward but also mesmerising at the same time. It is so easy to get swept up between the pages and forget the real world passing around you. I think I read this book over two sittings, and found it so hard to tear myself away from it!

I did enjoy this book more than the first one, it has been a long time since I read that though. But I do remember that I thought it was just ok. Forever Frost however is the true making of this series, it kept me gripped onto the edge of my seat waiting to find out what was going to happen. It's a lovely, thought provoking and enchanting book.
I will say this though - total cliffhanger ending! I loved it though, it got me really excited to start the next book straight away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs