Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review: Lost in Time (Blue Bloods #6) - Melissa de la Cruz

Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)

4/5 Stars

Lost in Time is the sixth book in the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz.
Going by my fellow reviewers opinions, I think this is one series you either love or hate and there is no in between.

I really love this series, it was one of the first YA Paranormals I ever read and I was hooked instantly!
In this instalment we see Schuyler and Jack come to terms with what their bonding ceremony really means. Not just for them but also for Mimi, Jack's intended bond mate. All three must face the consequences of breaking a tradition which has withstood the test of time, until now.

We also get some glimpses into Schuyler's mother, Alegra's past! At long last we finally get to meet Ben, Schuyler's father and discover what it was about him that made Alegra so drawn to him and fall for him enough to break her own bond as well.

As well as all the family and relationship drama, Schuyler and Jack are on the hunt for the truth about where the gates to hell are and how members of the underworld are managing to sneak out undetected and capturing girls to bring back to bear them children. Their journey takes them to Egypt this time around where they discover something they never bargained for.

I did really enjoy this book, it took me a few chapters to really get into it although I think that is because it's been a while since I read any of the Blue Bloods books. I needed to get my head around all the characters again. There was a stark difference in this book compared with the previous Blue Bloods books. For one it was much longer, which I prefer! There was lots more action scenes and more details in this book than in any of the previous ones.

Mimi also comes into her own in Lost in Time, in the past she hasn't been portrayed as the most genuine and likeable character in the series, but this plot shines a whole new light on her and her new responsibilities. She faces up to the truth and realises what has to be done in order to save not only herself but the entire vampire community.

The plot itself is completely unpredictable, which makes a nice change from some of the previous books in the series. There are a few new characters introduced and I'm not sure if they will play an important role in the finale of the series.

Needless to say I really did love this book, I cannot believe how it ended and I am left itching for book seven which is also the final book in the series!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I am planning to read Lost in Time very soon, but I was a little disappointed with the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Liza I was a bit disappointed with the last book but I hoped Lost in Time was better and it was.
    I also agree that, you either hate this series or really love it. I'm a big fan of this series but I somehow think Jack has lost a little of his edge the main reason I wanted him with Schuyler. I was happy that this one was longer and we got a more in depth look at Allegra and Stephen.
    Overall I really liked it but I can't believe the last book won't come out til 2013.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs