Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review: Shadow Heir (Dark Swan #4) - Richelle Mead

Shadow Heir

5/5 Stars

This is the final book in the Dark Swan series, as most of you will already know Richelle Mead is probably one of my all time favourite authors and I cannot gush about her writing enough!!

After the last book Iron Crowned and I had absolutely no clue where Richelle was going to take the ending of this series, there was so many different directions she could have gone.
I'm not going to do a summary of the book, as I don't think I could without giving away any spoilers to those who haven't caught up with the series yet.

Lets just say I loved where she ended up taking this book.
As usual the plot was full of unexpected twists which I did not see coming at all. There was one massive plot twist which actually brought tears of joy to my eyes, those who have already read the book can probably guess as to what I'm referring to.

Readers are definitely kept on their toes when reading Shadow Heir, each chapter brings something new to Eugenie's story, whether it be heartache or joy, more mystery or frustration.
With regards to the twins, you can tell that Richelle poured so much of her own heart and feelings towards her newborn son into that storyline, it was very touching.

Towards of the end of the book however I was starting to panic, I honestly didn't have a clue how the story was going to end and just how she was going to wrap up all the different plots. Richelle does manage to wrap everything up, although the ending doesn't feel like the end of the series. Unlike her Georgina Kincaid series you are left wanting more, to me it didn't feel like a definitive end to the series. She has left it almost open, this might be wishful thinking on my end, but I do hope that in the future Richelle does go back and write some more about this series, or perhaps a spin-off about the children as I would like a bit more closure on the series.

Apart from that one small little thing Shadow Heir is a brilliant book, just like all of her books.
If you haven't read this series yet I would highly recommend it!

3 comments:

  1. I just finished this book the other night and loved it! I hope she does write another one as I think there's still a lot more of the story to tell. I really want to see Dorians reaction! you'll know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so can't wait to read this one, it sounds awesome. too bad for the end, I hope the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an addict reader of anything truely well written and I fell into Richelle's talents and brilliantly written books by mistake actually starting with VA series, and was in love with her work! But when I read all 4 of the Dark Swan Series in 3 days because I am an insomniac and it was just that great! I am so, so hoping she decides to at least write one more just for our curiosities sake and because I know it would be as awesome as the others! And I agree with the other girl I so want to know that reaction, u also know what I mean! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs