Friday, June 10, 2011

Review: Violet Midnight (Enchanters #1) - Allie Burke


4/5

First of all, I want to say a massive THANK YOU to the author Allie Burke for giving me a review copy of Violet Midnight.
It took me a while to get round to reading it, and I apologise for that!

Anyway this book follows two people, Jane and Elias and it is told from each of their points of view, switching back and forth between them both.
Of course Jane and Elias fall for each other, what good book doesn't have a bit of romance in it?
But they both have their own baggage and separate issues that they must deal with as well. I did think the relationship evolved a bit too quickly, which made me wonder if it will last throughout the series, as this is only the first book.

Now the book isn't all fluffy bunnies and love, there is some real danger going on here as well! Jane is an Enchanter, and not just any old Enchanter she is THE Enchanter. The strongest one around and that brings it's own dangers and worries to the table as well.

The first few chapters of the book were a bit hard to get into for me, I honestly can't place my finger on why that is. Maybe there was just too much information to take in, maybe it was the switching between characters that took time to get used to, maybe it was having to get used to a new author's writing style (and by new I mean new to me!). I honestly do not know. But I am glad I stuck with it, because after chapter 4 I was hooked!

Allie has created this wonderful magical world for the reader, and no one knows what could be just around the corner for our main couple! This book certainly has it's ups and downs, and there were times I was left completely speechless because I really did not see these things coming in the book!

I really enjoyed the twist on the general "witch" books, Enchanters are much more than your typical fictional witches. All I can say is I am well and truly looking forward to reading Emerald Destiny, the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs