Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review: Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods #1) - Melissa de la Cruz


4/5

This is the first book in the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz, I bought this book from Amazon for taking on holiday last year. I hadn't really heard anything about it, but the blurb on Amazon sounded good! So I bought this and the second book. I am so glad I gave them a shot now!

The book centres around Schyuler, a bit of a social outcast at her elite New York private school where the majority of the girls there are rich, dress well and look like perfect little Barbie dolls. This is definitely not Schyuler!

But something strange starts happening, Schyuler starts to notice weird blue veins appearing on her arm and all of a sudden has a craving for raw meat, and is having flashbacks, flashbacks from a completely different time period! What on earth is going on?!
This series has a completely different spin on the typical vampire YA books, it is sort of like Vampires meets Gossip Girl!

The characters in the book are well developed, and there is a very believable back story intertwined throughout the book. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on this series, but personally I really enjoyed it! If your not to sure about it, I would say just buy the first book and see if you like it.

9 comments:

  1. i don't like blue bloods lol
    i just didn't like it at all

    do u have the others em, coz i have the second third n fourth on my swap list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've read them all and patiently waiting for Lost in Time to be released in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've only read the first 2 and dnt no whether to read the others or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a shame, I really liked them. I liked the whole past lives type of idea.
    I'm looking forward to the spin off series coming out as well (can't remember what it's called right now) As well as The Witches of East End series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did like that part of the story but when i read others i kept reading them instead of them and thought this is much better than blue bloods. i mite still read them see if it gets better

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, theres just too many book series' to get through these days!!
    I'm finally going to start the Morganvilles next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yey
    my favourite vamp book series ever. i was on the fence with the first one but the second was unputdownable

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard lots of good things about them, and I have the first 9...lol! So I really should start them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the Blue Bloods series, but felt rather ripped off with the last book. It's not that it was a bad piece, it was just too short for the price. I got it when it first came out and it was like $9...far too much for only a hundred and some pages.Perhaps I am just cheap. lol I will continue to read the remaining books in the series because I do enjoy the story very much.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs