Monday, May 2, 2011

Review: city of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) - Cassandra Clare

5/5

This is the first book in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

The story centres around Clary who is 15 and has never really quite been able to fit in before, she has always felt like something was missing from her life.

Turns out Clary is a Shadow Hunter, who for generations have protected the human world from the invasion of demons, she has been lied to her entire life by her mother about her heritage. Clary sets out to find out for herself what exactly being a Shadow Hunter means and to gain back lost childhood memories of this exciting new world.
On the way she meets Jace, a fellow Shadow Hunter who helps Clary with her decisions and memories.

This book is full of twists and turns and there is plenty of action throughout. I really loved Cassandra's writing style, and most of time felt like I was right there inside the book with the characters. The character descriptions are wonderful, which makes the reader feel even more connected to them, and in my case fall in love with them!

2 comments:

  1. I actually didn't like Clary. She was too mean. She thinks she knows everything there is to know about Shadowhunters when she only just found out they exist a day or two before and she won't listen to people who have been Shadowhunters their whole lives. She also assumes that everyone is out to get her, even the ones who are trying to protect her. She assumes to worst in people. Like in the next book, she thinks Isabelle is an arrogant person who only thinks about herself, yet Clary is the one who behaves that way. I actually think Isabelle is the opposite. Sometimes I just want to tell Clary off. :) She thinks she knows everything about Valentine, Shadowhunters, and the Uprising/Circle/Clave/Idris and all that. I hope she changes.

    The only one I liked a whole lot is Jace. If I knew how to make a heart icon, I would make it at this point :P

    I love the whole book. I gave it five stars too :) I just don't like Clary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Clary, she can be a bit annoying at times though. Magnus is my favourite character though!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs