Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Review: Iron Crowned (Dark Swan #3) - Richelle Mead


5/5

This is the third book in the Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead, after devouring the first two books I was so excited to get my hands on this one!

Once again we are thrown into the world, or should I say worlds? of Eugenie Markham. This time she is searching for a peaceful way to end the war which she kind of started with Katrice.

Having heard a story about the Iron Crown, a crown which most gentry can't wear because it's made of iron, which gives the owner unbelievable power and status in the gentry world. Eugenie being half human decides to go after it, hoping that waving it in front of Katrice will be enough to scare into calling an end to the war.

This is just such a good book, and I don't want to give away too many spoilers and ruin the story for anyone. Lets just say I kept switching sides throughout this book, one minute I was team Dorian, the next I was team Kiyo. And now that the books ended I think I am just team Eugeine now.

There is a bit of a twist near the end of the book, the first thing I kind of seen coming, but the second lot of twisty information?! Woah, that was unexpected! I don't think I can wait till January 2012 for the final book in the series, Shadow Heir to be released!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to start this series. I've wanted to read it for ages. Great review Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,
    I am itching for the next book now!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs