Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: Storm Born Comic - Richelle Mead



The Storm Born comic is due to be released on Wed 18th May.
There will be 4 issues, then a graphic novel including all 4 issues will be released in September.
This Graphic Novel will cover the first half of the original book,
there will then be another 4 comic issues and a second graphic novel.












5/5

First of all a massive thank you to Sea Lion Books who contacted me asking if I would like to review this comic!

I had previously heard about the comics and was a bit upset that most likely they would only be sold in the US, making it harder for me to get a hold off. I love Richelle Mead's writing, and have previously read the first three books in the Dark Swan series, so I was super excited to get a chance to read this comic!

First of all the artwork in this comic is amazing, it's as if all the small details from the books have come to life. As a fan of the book series it is important to me that all these small details are correct and that the comic sticks as close as possible to the original novel, which it has! I especially loved seeing Eugenie's tattoos and the intricate details of her wand, but mostly loved getting to see Kiyo, he is exactly as I had imagined him to be!

I loved how this part of the original book has been condensed down into comic form without leaving out any of the important parts in the story. If the reader had not read the Storm Born novel and picked up the comic, they would still know exactly what is going on!
Even though I know the story and know what is going to happen next, the comic ending has left me dying for more! I cannot wait to read the next instalment of the comic series!

3 comments:

  1. i dnt no whether i wanna read them coz i'm not a big fan of graphic novel's i prefer to just read the normal ones.
    great review tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay!
    Thats a shame, but if graphic novels aren't you thing you shouldn't force yourself to read them!

    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to em, I don't wanna force myself to read it, hate it and then end up liking the book less because of it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs