Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review: Princess - Courtney Cole


5/5

I don't really know what to say except I loved this book!!
It is a bit different from my usual paranormal reads, so when I started it I wasn't too sure about what I would think about it, turns out I couldn't get enough of it!

The story centres around 17 year old Sydney who has grown up with everything she could ever wish for, as a daughter of a senator and living in the perfect house, as a perfect little rich family.
But her perfect little bubble bursts when she finds out she is pregnant, her parents are forcing to get an abortion she doesn't agree with. So she is kicked out to fend for herself and ends up living with her distant cousin and working as a waitress.

Things seem to be going fine and there is some light at the end of the tunnel for Sydney, that is until someone tries to mow her down with a car! The race is on to discover who wants Sydney dead before they can try it again.

I cannot praise this book enough, there are so many twists and turns in the storyline. Just when I thought I knew where the book was going, BAM another twist!
I literally could not put this book down, I sat up till 2am just to finish it because I had know how it ended!

The characters in the books are well developed and at times I found myself cheering Sydney on and willing her to get out of all these predicaments she was in.

It is a crossover book, with a bit of both YA and adult context in it, I would say it is aimed at older teens as there is a few raunchy scenes and a bit of swearing in it, so I definitely wouldn't recommend this to a 13 year old.

Overall a brilliant read which will leave you gripping the edge of your seat until you find out the ending!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely different from my usual read as well, but it sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Sarah ♥ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs