Monday, May 30, 2011

Review: Isolation (Witches of Santa Anna #10) - Lauren Barnholdt


4/5

First of all I want to say a massive thank you to Lauren Barnholdt who gave me a copy of Isolation to review! By now I am well and truly addicted to The Witches of Santa Anna series and it was so nice of Lauren to offer me a copy!

So this is the 10th book in the entire series and the 3rd book in the second series of the books. Like the previous books it is only available as an e-book and is currently priced at £2.12 on Amazon UK and $3.44 on Amazon US.

Also like the previous books in the series it is quite short, and only takes about 30 minutes to read. At first I didn't really like how short the books where, but life has been really hectic for me the past week and reading Isolation fitted in nicely to one evening. So I have started to see a positive side to the short releases! I'm still not 100% percent sure about the length, but it is growing one me!

So once again we are thrust into Cam and Nat's world although this time things have taken a turn for the worst! Cam and Nat are in a bit of a funk and are keeping things from each other..important things!
Isolation follows our favourite characters and their reactions as some crucial information is leaked to the reader and just when I thought I knew what was going to happen next...I was hit with a bit of a twist!
Everyone knows I enjoy a good twist, so I'm not going to spoil it for anyone reading this review! Just try it for yourself and you'll see what I'm taking about!

My favourite part of this book has to be the dinner with Nat, her mum, Cam and his mum. The series so far has been pretty serious and heavy-going. This dinner scene was nice, light hearted and a complete comedy moment!

Once again I am left in complete disbelief of how the book ends, I need to find out what is going to happen next and I need to know now! Lauren Barnholdt has a brilliant way of leaving readers gripping the edge of their seats in anticipation for the next scene and it doesn't come!
I'll have to wait for book 11 to be released to find out more!

Overall an amazing read with some new information and starling scenes, needless to say I am anxiously awaiting the release of book 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs