Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) - Suzanne Collins


5/5

This is the final book in the Hunger Games series, and can I just say WOW! This book was nothing like I was expecting it to be at all!

In this book we see a completely different side to Katniss, we she her scared and vulnerable, which is something she has had to hide from all the tv cameras in the past two books.

Katniss has now been through the Hunger Games twice, and lived to tell the tale, but there something much worse than the Hunger Games to battle with now, President Snow!

There was so many twists and turns in this book, I had no idea how it was going to end! Be warned though there are alot of deaths in the book, and it is much darker than the previous two. In this we see our beloved characters grow up a bit and realise that something has to be done. They can't sit back and just let these things happen like they have been, it's time to take control!

The epilogue was one of the sweetest things I have ever read (apart from the Harry Potter 19 years later epilogue), this one has the same kind of feel to it though, and I had tears running down my face just reading it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think we've read all the same books haha! I loved the Hunger Games series and Mockingjay was fanf***ingtastic. I kinda liked how it was a happy ending, but she made it realistic because they're obviously going to be tormented for life after what they went through.
    I was kinda rooting for Katniss and Gale the entire time, but ah well...it was still a great ending.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs