Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review: Fallen (Fallen #1) - Lauren Kate


4/5

I was really excited to read Fallen, as there was a lot of hype about the book and had been told so many good things about it.

To me, it didn't live up to the hype. It is a good book, and I enjoyed the story but feel a little disappointed after finishing it. I did give it 4 out of 5 stars however because as disappointed as I was, I did enjoy the story and got wrapped up in the characters.

The book follows Luce who has just recently been sent to reform school, as she tries to fit in and catch up with classes she also meets two very different boys, Cam and Daniel.

They both seem to have an interest is Luce, so on top of trying to make friends and keep her head down at a new school, she also has to play her part in a very strange love triangle.

But with any paranormal romance book, nothing is as it seems and soon Luce starts seeing these strange shadows which she has seen all life and thought they were finally gone! And of course there is the strange graveyard opposite the school, when Luce starts to look more deeply into Daniel's life instead of working on her own family tree, things don't seem to add up.

I am looking forward to starting Torment, the second book in this series. Although I am not too anxious to start it right away, although Fallen was a good read it did not leave me desperate to find out what happens next as some other book series' do.

3 comments:

  1. Im waiting to read Torment when it comes out on paperback...I liked Fallen but like you not as much as I thought I would.


    clarkmurdock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Kay? I'm not sure who I'm for at the moment, I might decide after Torment.

    missrantsypants: Isn't Torment already out in paperback? I got mines a while ago and its paperback.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs