Friday, May 6, 2011

Review: Don't Tell Your Cousin - Veronica E. Kelly


4/5

First of all, a massive thank you to Veronica to giving me a review copy of this book!

This is not a typical read for me, so I didn't really know what to expect at first.

The story centres around two cousins, Amanda and Stephanie. Both their lives seem to be going well, they both have good jobs and their own friends and interests. But this happy little world is blown upside down with the arrival of one man, Mike.

Not only that but Mike is a married man, and the husband of Amanda's boss! As the drama unfolds and the cousins fight over him it soon leaves Amanda with no roof over her head and facing the prospect of living out of her car! Finally reaching rock bottom she realises her actions have consequences are tries to rectify her mistakes, although this remorse is a short lived when her best friend shows up with a certain home made movie to show her.

I did really enjoy this book, I loved the all the drama and girl fights in it! To me, it is a massive step outside my book comfort zone, but I am so glad I read this now.

1 comment:

  1. Albeit, I enjoyed the drama between the girls some of it was so unnecessary.

    The friend, (cant remember her name) was toxic, so toxic that her friendship seemed so unreal. I just couldn't fall into the likes of the characters.


    But, hopefully others can learn that No man or a no good man is ever worth a friendship.

    PassionReads.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs