Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday #5


This weeks question is:
Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

I think almost everyone is going to say this, but Harry Potter got me hooked on reading when I was younger, then I strayed away for a few years, and the Twilight came out, those books got me hooked again. After that I wanted something in the same genre but different, so I bought and read Vampire Academy and they get me hooked forever on YA paranormal I think!
I'm not really a person for re-reading books, they only books I have ever re-read are Harry Potter.
I'll always love them, I grew up reading them!

14 comments:

  1. Hi there, following you back :)

    Twilight was definitely a series that cemented my love of reading when it came out. Haven't read Vampire Academy yet, but I'm leaning towards doing so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already an old follower from a previous FF :D

    I do love HP too - it's so sad that it's all come to an end now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome answer. HP is AMAZING. ;3

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old follower stopping by :)

    A lot of people seem to have been brought back to reading by the Twilight series, how powerful is that?

    Have a great weekend!

    Barbara @ Black, White & Read All Over

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have reread the Harry Potter books a few times- they are so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,

    ya the only books I ever re-read are harry potter books! I think I could read them a million times and not get bored.

    http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twilight did get me hooked (even more so than I already was) on reading. I didn't get into Harry Potter until later because that was my brother's thing and he didn't sharing things with me...but I love it now!!! Great picks!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually haven't read Harry Potter yet, but Twilight was one of the my books too.

    New follower! Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower!

    I agree, HP is fantastic.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! I'm following you back. It seems a lot of people got hooked into YA with the Twilight Saga. HP definitely got me reading too when I was little.

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I picked up Vampire Academy not long after Twilight. I love both series.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Points for sharing the Vampire Academy love! That was one of the first YA paranormal romance series I read, and after that I just kept going.

    Old follower - please swing by my blog!

    http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-13-book-blogger-hop-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many of us have picked Harry Potter.
    Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm following back.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs