Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review: Out For Blood (Drake Chronicles #3) - Alyxandra Harvey


Name: Out For Blood (Drake Chronicles #3)

Author: Alyxandra Harvey

General Release Date: 1st November 2010

Date I finished it: 20th August 2011

Type: Paperback

From: Review copy from publisher

My Rating: 4/5 stars





Bloomsbury very kindly sent me this book to review, so a massive thank you to everyone over at Bloomsbury!

This is the third book in the Drake Chronicles series, and this time the story is told from Hunter and Quinn's points of view. At first I wasn't too sure about the fact that every book in this series so far has been told from different characters points of view. After reading Out For Blood however I don't know why this hasn't been done in a book series before (okay maybe it has but I'm just not aware of it or haven't read a series like that...yet!)
I honestly love this concept, and it works so well for the Drake Chronicles. As we know there are already so many different characters, the seven brothers, Solange, Lucy etc. To me it feels as if Alyxandra is giving each and everyone of her characters a voice and a chance to speak up with every new book!

Out For Blood introduces the Helios-Ra Academy, a boarding school for young vampire hunters.
I am a total addict when it comes to boarding schools in books. I honestly don't know why I just love reading about them! Because of that right away this book had me interested!

There isn't really much I can say about the main plot in this book without giving too much away, to be almost everything in this book seemed important. There are still Hel-Bar attacks happening, and this time they are targeting the Helios-Ra Academy, but there is something strange about them this time around. There is also some weird new drugs doing the rounds at the academy, which are supposed to make the kids better and stronger fighters, but all it seems to be doing is giving kids the flu.

I really loved this book, it's my new favourite out of all the Drake Chronicles so far!
Other characters from the first two books show up in Out For Blood as well, I really liked seeing what Lucy and Solange had been up to as a bit of a background story, it broke up Hunter and Quinn romance nicely.

Overall, I want to go to the Helios-Ra Academy...someone sign me up please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs