Thursday, August 18, 2011

Review: Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles #2) - Alyxandra Harvey


Name: Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles #2)

Author: Alyxandra Harvey

General Release Date: 5th June 2010

Date I finished it: 14th August 2011

Type: Paperback

From: Review copy from publishers

My Rating: 4/5 stars





After I finished My Love Lies Bleeding, the first book in this series I had to pick up Blood Feud right away!
This book picks up where we were left in book one, it's a bit fast paced to start with but I enjoyed that, there was a small recap of the events in book one, but not too much. I much prefer shorter re-caps in books that belong in a series, I feel it takes up a lot of time and I can feel my brain wanting to skim the first chapter completely to get on to the good stuff!

This book is a bit different from the first one, instead of the story being told from Solange and Lucy's points of view it is told from Logan and Isabeau's points of view.
Ok your thinking who?
Logan is Solange's brother and one of the seven Drake boys
Isabeau is a sort of tribal vampire princess for the Hounds.

At first I wasn't too sure about these new narrators but after a few chapters I really began to grow to the both of them like I did with Solange and Lucy in the first book! I thought I had Logan pretty much summed up from page one, he's a Drake boy blah blah blah. I was so wrong, yes he is a Drake boy but there is just so much to him! I don't usually like reading male points of view in books (which I've said before) but I really started to like reading from Logan's side in this book. Isabeau is a new character completely, so at first I was a bit way of her. Blood Feud has little jumps back in time to Isabeau's previous life, which gives the reader glimpses of her as a human in France during the time of Marie Antoinette. I really loved all these little glimpses because as a new character I didn't feel much towards her at the start of the book, but by the end I loved her!

As for the storyline it carries on from everything that happened in My Love Lies Bleeding and picks up even more!
There are new dangers and uncertainties in this book and much more romance going on as well! We do see all our old characters from the first book in here as well, but the main story revolves around Logan and Isabeau. Of course Solange is still in serious danger, and every male vampire on earth still wants to either kill her or marry her and her family are still dead set on protecting her, even if that means giving up their lives to do so.

I actually enjoyed this book, much more than I did My Love Lies Bleeding.
I think by this stage I know the characters well enough, the plot line was much more dramatic and faster in this book as well. I also think the romance was cranked up a notch in this book, all of these in my head make it a better read than book one. Which if thats the case, I can tell I might just love book 3!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by the author yet so I kind of skimmed your review but it made me more excited to pick up her books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book that kept my interest all the way through! You see the nightworld through each characters eyes throwing you immediately into their feelings!

    Wait till you see new life

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs