Sunday, August 28, 2011

Review: Storm Born Comic #3 - Richelle Mead



Name: Storm Born Comic #3

Author: Richelle Mead

General Release Date: Unknown

Date I finished it: 28th August 2011

Type: PDF File

My Rating: 5/5 stars








A massive thank you to Sea Lion books for sending me this to review, I was a bit nervous as I had heard there was a bit of a delay with this issue!
The story starts off right where we left it in issue two, Euegnie has decided to cross over to the Otherworld in order to find and rescue the teenager Jasmine who was kidnapped by Aeson (some of us who have read the books know who she really is).

While in the Otherworld Eugenie gets help from King Dorian to reach Aeson's castle and rescue Jasmine but when she gets there things do not go as smoothly as she originally planned!

I love love loved this issue!I honestly do not know what I can possibly say that isn't going to turn into a Richelle Mead gush fest..ok so I'll try....
The art work in this issue is truly amazing! Being a fan of the original books I was completely surprised to see some of my favourite characters come to life. King Dorian, Aeson and Volusian are not what I expected at all. In fact they are a million times better than what I had imagined in my head!

King Dorian's court was exactly what I had imagined it to be like from the books, people kissing and doing who knows what out in the open! The Otherworld itself has some amazing details in it, especially the trees in the background I really loved those!I loved how the all of the characters have still kept all their individual traits and quirks from the books and of course they make me laugh like hell! Of course Eugenie is her usual bad-ass self like she is in the books, only this time it's as if she has come to life!

I honestly cannot wait for the fourth issue in this series now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs