Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: Sticky Fingers - Niki Burnham

Name: Sticky Fingers

Author: Niki Burnham

General Release Date: 23rd August 2005

Date I finished it: 20th July 2011

Type: Book

From: Bought from Amazon

My Rating: 3/5 stars






Sticky Fingers follows 18 year old Jenna, a high school senior whose life seems to be going in the right direction.
All her hard work and extra studying seems to have paid off when she gets an early acceptance letter from Harvard, although Scott her boyfriend didn't get in, which completely ruins their plans to be together at Harvard next year!

After being accepted to her dream school, Scott tries to get Jenna to calm down and let her hair down a bit, go out now and then and not spend every waking moment with her head in a book. Which she does a little, but when Scott starts bring up the sex discussions again, Jenna isn't too sure she's that ready to let her hair down just yet.

I found the book fairly predictable, though it was a light and easy read, ideal for summer on the beach! I am a bit dossapointed with the book though, after hearing so much about it, I thought the story line would be a bit more surprising or shocking.
For a short book, the characters were very well developed and I really found myself forging a bond with the main character, Jenna.

Overall a cute, short read. Best to be read while relaxing on the beach in some warm country!

2 comments:

  1. I want to read this book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read some of Niki Burnham's other books, but this one was by far the best. It has everything a good story should have. The characters were relatable and the plot kept me guessing. I recommend this book to mature 13 and up, because the book dealt alot with the pressures that high schoolers experience. I read this book in a few hrs. This novel is great- so definitely read it!

    Mariz
    Get Best Info for Auto Repair Kent Company

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs