Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review: Remembrance - Michelle Madow


Name: Remembrance

Author: Michelle Madow

General Release Date: 27th July 2011

Date I finished it: 10th August 2011

Type: Kindle Book

From: review copy from author

My Rating: 5/5 stars





Firstly I want to say a massive thank you to the author Michelle Madow, who contacted me offering a review copy of Remembrance. If it wasn't for that email, I would probably have never came across this amazing book!

Remembrance follows the story of high school girl Lizzie, just as the summer has come to and end and it's time to head back to school for a new term.
As the story unfolds the reader meets Lizzie's boyfriend Jeremy who has recently been made co-captain on the school football team, and seems to be more interested in his new football star friends and being popular than spending time with his girlfriend.

There is also a mysterious new boy who has transferred to Lizzie's school, Drew.
For some reason, Lizzie is sure she knows him from somewhere, or has met him before, but for some reason she just can't seen to place him no matter how hard she tries.
Lizzie soon begins to realise than she might be attracted to Drew, which of course shouldn't be happening. She has a boyfriend, Jeremy who has not been paying her much attention recently. And to make matters worse, her best friend starts dating Drew and Lizzie has to keep her thoughts and feelings to herself. There is no way she can jeopardize her relationship with her best friend, or her boyfriend. But still something is eating away at her, and she still can't remember what is so familiar about Drew.

That is until one single dance with Drew and the school dance, and a flash comes back to her, slowly Lizzie starts to remember why Drew is so familiar to her. They met in the Regency Era of the 1800's!

I loved this book and read it in one sitting. I literally could not put it down!
The writing style in the book is straight forward, simple and easy to read. Which I loved, especially since there was a lot of talk of Jane Austin and the Rengency Era. You would think that all the history stuff could come off a little boring in a book. Michelle Madow manages to create just the right mix of olden ideas and themes along with modern language.

The story itself pulls the reader in from page one. Personally I was so intrigued by the story that I didn't want to stop reading, I wanted to finish the book then and there in order to find out the full story.
The characters are very well developed, especially the not so main characters, such as Lizzie's best friend, her boyfriend, the "mean girls" at school etc. Though they did have a large part in the book, to me the main focus was on Lizzie and Drew.

Overall I am so glad I got the chance to discover this book, it is truly a little gem!





3 comments:

  1. Remembrance is the perfect book if you're looking for a girly, swoony (but not over the top) romance. Just be sure you don't start it close to bedtime.

    Mariz
    Great data for SEO Burnet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see myself reading this book multiple time. Michelle has a bring career ahead or her, and she's a complete sweetheart as well, with a lot of talent. This book, she actually inspired me to finish my own book I been writing. This is one of best love stories I have read, I would recommend it to everyone. You won't regret it.

    Look at this Iron Cook ware

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to report that this book is the first in a series so I can't wait for more! I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a great, fun read!

    Hannah
    Super deals on Bellevue Cell Phone Repair

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs