Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: The Girl Who Was On Fire - Leah Wilson


Name: The Girl Who Was On Fire

Author: Leah Wilson

General Release Date: 5th April 2011

Date I finished it: 17th August 2011

Type: Paperback

From: Amazon

My Rating: 3/5 stars






As most of you will already know I loved The Hunger Games books!
I've been eyeing up this book for a while now and decided to buy it, as soon as it arrived I started reading it!

The Girl Who Was On Fire is a collections of YA authors giving their thoughts on different aspects on The Hunger Games trilogy.

To me this book was a huge let down. I really had much higher hopes for it. Don't get me wrong, all the points argued by the authors are interesting and make sense but they isn't really much in here that I didn't already think for myself after reading the series. I think out of the whole book there was only two articles that I really enjoyed and which made me stop and think about Panem and the whole concept of The Hunger Games.

All the rest of the articles brought up points which I had previously discussed with other bloggers who have read The Hunger Games series or had thought about myself. So there wasn't really much in this book for me.

I am glad I bought it though, it was interesting to see other peoples perspectives of the games and the characters in the books. As a fan of the series I'm pretty much going to buy anything with Mockingjay logo on it anyway. The book will be a great addition to my Hunger Games collection and will probably prove itself useful in the future when the movies come out, it will more of a reference book to me rather than hunting through the Hunger Games books themselves to find quotes or a certain chapter.

If you are a massive fan of the series, I'd say buy it anyway but don't expect too much.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm that's disappointing. I'm a huge Hunger Games fan as well and I was looking forward to this book. Oh well. Better to know what I'm getting in to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story by a good story teller. Easy to read as the story flows and actually ends! Too many books where the author just seems to run out of words.

    Have you viewed Bear Viewing deals

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs