Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Review: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) - Maggie Stiefvater


Name: Forever

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

General Release Date: 1st June 2011

Date I finished it: 12th August 2011

Type: Paperback

From: Amazon

My Rating: 4/5 stars




I was so excited to finally get my copy of Forever but I never really got into it at first.
I think it was a mix of not wanting to read it too fast, and take my time with the book. I really was not ready for this series to come to an end just yet! Also it was quite a while ago that I read Shiver and Linger (books one and two), I think it was back in February that I read them, I've read over 100 books since then so the story wasn't fresh in my head.

Like I said Forever is the very last book in the series, and it wasn't until I got about halfway through the book that I got really caught up in the story. After I hit that halfway point I had to finish the rest of the book in one sitting, there was no going back!

Forever pretty much picks up where Linger stopped, Grace is a wolf and Sam is human.
Cole is experimenting on himself trying to will his body to shift back to a wolf and in his spare time sifting through all of Beck's old things on the house and making a few shocking discoveries along the way!
Meanwhile Sam is still under suspicion of kidnapping or killing Grace, he can't really turn round and say she is a wolf right now, but don't worry she'll be back in summer!

Being new to the pack Grace's shifts are still unpredictable and she shifts back and forth throughout the book, just when you think her and Sam will finally be together she shifts again. I really liked that way of keeping the me on the edge of my toes when I was reading! At one point I was thinking to myself, you have got to be kidding me!!

No final book in a series would be complete without some massive problem or dilemma, Forever is no exception.
A wolf hunt has been approved for the Mercy Falls wolves, and not any hunt and aerial hunt!
Sam, Cole and Grace need to come up with a plan to save the pack from the hunt.

I did really enjoy this book after I got into it, I don't really like switching view points in books but since I really loved this series I stuck with it in this case.
There was a few moments in the book that I really did not see coming at all. I really thought I knew how this book was going to end before I even started it, but I was very wrong.
It was a really great ending to the series, I'm sad that it is all finished now I would like to know what happened to all the characters next.

3 comments:

  1. i have this book on my tbr but i have not read it yet im thinking about rereading the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Belle,
    I gave you an Award.
    You can find my blog (in german, sorry!) over there:
    http://lesenohneende.blogspot.com/
    Greets from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the whole series! Definitely a chick-flick, but I thought the books all had interesting plots and action. It was an entertaining read that I couldn't put down!
    Real Estate Lake LBJ

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs