Friday, August 12, 2011

Review: Torn (Trylle Trilogy #2) - Amanda Hocking


Name: Torn

Author: Amanda Hocking

General Release Date: 15th November 2010

Date I finished it: 3rd August 2011

Type: Kindle Book

From: Amazon

My Rating: 4/5 stars





I have had this entire series on my Kindle for months now, I read the first book in the trilogy way back in March!
I heard the books have recently been taken down for sale as Amanda Hocking signed with a publisher for this series, and they are getting a bit of a makeover and should be re-released soon, in both Kindle format and paperback.
I've also heard there are going to be some little extra scenes added into the new editions, and there is also talk of making this series in movies!!
So of course I had to finish reading the series right away!

It had been a while since I read the first book, so it took me a few chapters to get caught up on who was who, and what was going on. But after chapter 3, all the details from book one came flooding back to me!

Torn pretty much starts off right where the first book, Switched left off (from what I can remember).
We are thrown right back into Wendy's world just as she ran away from the Trylle lifestyle and wanted to go back to being a normal human girl, instead of a troll princess!
After being kidnapped by the Vittra then finally saved and brought back to the palace to face her mother, the queen. Wendy soon realises that she cannot pretend to be something she is not anymore.

Wendy uncovers a lot more than she was bargaining for when she starts to research Trylle history, not only about her people that she must rule one day, but also her own heritage.
She is stuck between two worlds and has to decide which one she wants to be a part of.

Even though it was quite a while ago that I read Switched, I much prefer Torn, the writing style in this second book has improved dramatically and I feel a much more personal connection to Wendy in this book compared to with the first book.
There is so many different things going on at once in this book, and I am amazed that Amanda Hocking managed to fit everything in. the politics of the Trylle and Vittra kingdoms really shoes through the pages. Not only is this book about a supernatural world, but it also deals with the conflicts that happen between the two kingdoms, such as conflicts arise between different countries in our own world. Between all this is some romance and magical powers.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and cannot believe it took me so long to finally get around to reading it!

4 comments:

  1. I love this trilogy. Heck, I love all of Amanda's books. Now hurry and read book 3! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower from Book Blogs. I have several Amanda Hocking books sitting in cart on Amazon, waiting for me. This review makes me even more excited about reading them!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books
    Oh, make sure you stop by and enter my super awesome 100 Followers Giveaway! There's some great stuff, but it's only open until midnight tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about Amanda Hocking, but haven't read any of her books. I'm ashamed to admit it! I'll definitely be putting this series on my TBR list.

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so lame that I didn't read it. I kept wavering back and forth between ordering the first one. Now they are gone. I wish I could have both version so I can compare. I'm glad you liked this though, I'm curious to read the newer versions.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs